Friday, August 21, 2009

Attack of the mosquitos

This summer has been quite complicated. The rain in July made everything an emerald green but it also provided delux breeding ground for mosquitos. August has been more summer like along with the amount of mosquitos that we usually get in May and June. More in fact. Each morning I go out to empty the compost, check the vegetables, pick some herbs and do a little weeding before work. This time is supposed to be contemplative. I am now smacking myself in the face, dropping the tomatoes and rushing. I make a run for the house and catch a glimps of myself in the mirrow. There are about 6 bites on my face and I look like I have chicken pox. The whole event seems rather Hunter/Gatherer just to get some fresh tomatos.

No comments:

Post a Comment